Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What a weekend!!

Woah! Maaajjjooorrr updates and stories in this entry. Sorry I've been lacking in the blog department :)

I was out of town last week with Jessica, a girl from work. We drove to the beach and hung out, went to the aquarium, went clubbing, and had lots and lots of drinks :) Of course, my last night there was fun except toward the end. On the car ride home, one of the guys slapped Jessica. She laughed it off and moved on. Then the guy turns and slaps me. Ummmm, no. I lunged across the car and slapped and punched him until he let up. Kinda ruined my night, but I got over it pretty quickly. After all, I had to get to bed at a decent hour to make the drive home.

Saturday night at work was amazing though. I received first pick, so I chose one of our best sections. One table said I was the best server of any restaurant they had ever been to. My reward? An item of my choosing from the merchandise store. I chose a shirt I've had my eye on for a while now. It's white with the letters 'LOVE' arranged in a giant block (if that makes sense) and in pink. I was so incredibly happy. Also, one of the guys at the table actually lived down the street from me back in Tampa. How crazy is that?? It was a really good night.

Sunday was boring, like always. The Panthers had a bye week, so naturally not many people came in to watch the games. I sat with some Chicago Bears fans and we were pretty disappointed they lost. :( Oh well, maybe next time. I did have a guy come in though, sit in one of my booths and order a water. Nothing else. Sat there for four hours and when his game was over, got up and left. Suffice to say, I was pretty peeved. Couldn't he have sat at the bar if that's what he was here for? This just seals it for me though; I am going to try my hardest not to work Sunday mornings again. The table turnover is nil and I just don't make the money that I would any other day of the week

I picked out my costume for Halloween. All I need to do is find some white flats to wear since I refuse to wear heels all day. Here's a pic of it.


Oh! And I sold my first calendar! Hooters has this thing going where they will send a calendar to our troops overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan if you buy one and write a little note on a sticker for them. Yayyyy!! I'm going to probably buy a few and send them over. :)

Speaking of troops, finally got to talk to J yesterday. He had been away for the past three days and I started to get worried. It was 11:11 yesterday morning and I told him to make a wish (I've always made wishes on 11:11 and make sure he does so too). I told him cookies and cupcakes don't count since he always wishes for that. So he kept badgering and asking what my wish was and seemed a little upset I wouldn't tell him (HELLO! Wishes don't come true if you tell!!). But I relented and told him. . . . sooooo we'll see lol.

That is the quick and dirty of what's been going on for the past week. I work a lot this week, so I'm sure there will be plenty of stories later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment