Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Back

Yes, I got lazy and stopped writing. I'm not even all that busy, lol. But I definitely have tons of stories every shift and I kept meaning to write them down and would just . . . not do it. :( So forgive me!!

Let's see what all has happened since October (the last time I posted). I moved out of my parents place and moved into a small house with Tara, my best friend here and a co-worker. The house is right down the street from my parents, so I can still go over there all the time (which is good because I'm super close with my parents). Tara and I get along really well and we carpool to work when we can.

J and I are still talking pretty much everyday. We're in a limbo right now on us dating because he doesn't want to be serious while overseas and wants to do all that romantic stuff (asking me out, etc) in person. I agree because I want to see him before confirming everything, if that makes sense. But we're doing good.

I started bartending. My first night alone was New Years Eve and I made about 220 dollars that night. I love bartending. I never understood what Tara meant when she said that you really learn a lot about who you work with and the people who come in and dine with us since you can stand back and watch everything sometimes. And I do. I learn who is an excellent worker, who really could care less about being there, what customers are really nice and which ones are just . . . ew.

Alright, one story before I stop for the night. Last night I was bartending and there was a guy at the bar who was completely wasted. I'm talking drunker than anything. I asked my manager to please cut him off, which he did. I looked away for a few minutes and the next thing I know, the guy is gone. He walked out on his tab. I really hope he had a ride or something because he refused my calling him a cab and said a friend was going to be up to get him later. I was just very grrrrr about the situation.

Ahhh yes. It feels good to be back.

1 comments:

Nora said...

MEGAN! Yay! Good to see you back! :)

I haven't posted since January...lol

I can't believe he walked out on his tab!! That's awful. I did that once at a restaurant - total accident! When I realized it, my mom drove me back so I could pay and they had no idea!

Post a Comment