Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Sorry I wasn't able to update the past few days. I've had a lot going on and a lot on my mind. But let's start back with St. Patrick's Day.

Roomie and I worked together that day. She was working the bar and I was on the floor. I managed to pick a pretty good section, but one girl needed to pay her boyfriend's parents 600 dollars that weekend and her section would not help her in that department. So I switched with her and ended up in the very back. I didn't think anything of it and just waited for the crowd to come in. Now, apparently last year the girls were supposed to wear schoolgirl costumes. This year, management decided against it. Thank God because walking around with a skirt that would barely cover my ass was not something I was looking forward to.

So la la la, work is dead and we're just hanging out and taking pictures of our very cute St. Patrick's Day uniforms and makeup. Then . . . . the crowd rushes in. And boy oh boy did it rush in.

I had four tables (a 2-top, 3-top, 5-top, and 4-top) and then I had a 14-top. I can usually handle tables like this, even though I am rushing around like a madwoman. I know I can handle these types of tables. But the kitchen was backed up and food was taking about an hour and fifteen minutes to get out to the tables. Woah what? Yup, over an hour for your food to get to your table from the time you order it. Suffice to say, my tables were not very happy, even when I tried to explain that I'm trying to my hardest to get the food out. It's not my fault and the kitchen can only do so much.

Roomie said the place was PACKED and every girl was running around trying their hardest. It definitely put UFC nights and Football Sundays to shame as far as their attendance is concerned. Luckily, my tables (except my 5-top) understood and still left amazing tips for me. I was so shocked because I did not expect to make what I did that morning. At the end of the shift, all the girls and I looked at each other and just laughed. That was all we could do.

At least I got to go out for drinks later that night!

1 comments:

Nora said...

Woooooey. Sounds busy and fun! Glad you still made some good money and didn't have to dress like a hooker. :P

Post a Comment