Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bikini contest? Um, ok?

Sitting at jumpstart yesterday (a meeting for us before the start of shift to figure out new info, etc), my GM brings up the bikini contest that is this weekend. THIS WEEKEND. Somehow I get dragged into doing it. I laugh it off at first, thinking my managers and a few of the girls were joking. Then I realize they're serious. I just shook my head because I'm nowhere near what I would consider good material for bikini contests right now. I don't say that stuff to get compliments because I will be the first to say I'm cute, but I'm so not hot or sexy. So my managers pulled me aside and asked again. I just don't know if I can do it yet. I don't have the confidence yet nor the body that I think I'll need. There's one more contest in a few months but I need professional pics taken to enter so I may try that one. Again, we'll see. It's a lot of work, I hear.

Oh yes! And there's a theif among us at work. The other night (Sunday if I remember correctly) a girl had over 100 dollars stolen from her purse. Someone literally rifled through her stuff and stole money. See kids? This is why you don't bring valuables inside because you can never trust anyone anymore. I felt horrible for this girl though. All I could do was hug her as she cried because she has bills and stuff to pay for. I wish there was something I could have done for her. :(

I have today and tommorrow off so I'm spending the day today on my hopefully new college campus and getting stuff figured out so I can get in and start in the fall. This campus is really pretty and I'm psyched to hopefully be back on track with school. It'll be a relief to finish it in a year or two :)

On that note, I'm peacing out so I can be productive tonight. Thanks to everyone following me on this thing right now :) I love sharing my stories with you all!

1 comments:

Nora said...

Only way to get the confidence is to get out there and strut your stuff! The 'feedback' would be all the ego boost you need :)

Hope you had fun with your days off! Can't wait to hear all about your school plans!! <3

Post a Comment