Monday, September 6, 2010

New Blog

Alright! So I finally decided I'm going to go with my adventures and stuff on being a Hooter's Girl. I figure it's a hell of a lot more interesting than just writing about my dating life.

Today was absolutely dead. I knew it would be, considering it was Labor Day. Everyone's probably out on their boats, grilling out on their patios, and having a good day off. I only made about 20 dollars, but I only had one table. They were just driving through on their Harleys. I was pretty nervous because I have never taken a table of more than 8 people before and they were a table of 11. I didn't mess up at all, although I think I'm pretty dumb when it comes to getting change and handling cash. I completely shut down when it comes to that. I just wish everyone in the world paid with debit card . . . or at least pay with exact change or something.

The Harley people were from Tampa, so a few of the people actually recognized me from where I worked before. It was really cool and showed just how small the world really is. I was able to really joke and laugh with them and it made me feel a lot more comfortable about working here. Of course, I still get that anxious feeling when a table sits with me, but once I get to them, it's gone and I see it's just another chance to prove myself. I can't wait for us to get our Hooters jerseys for football season. We have drink specials now, all kinds of food specials, and Fantasy Football. It's a lot to remember, but I'll bet it will keep us busy for the next few months. Woohoo!!

I've gotta dress up for Halloween. I don't know what I want to be, but I know I FINALLY get to be something sexy. No more kids costumes, no silly costumes, none of that. I have to spend some money and look good this year. I'll keep you updated on what I decide. I will keep a list in my agenda though of what I'm potentially interested in.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I'll have a lot more stories later!

1 comments:

Nora said...

Yay for getting a fun job!!! That sounds awesome!

I can't wait to hear all about the costume ideas. Now that I know your new blog address, I'll be checkin it much more. :)

Also, a note on something you posted in an earlier entry - IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT. I know I've said it before, and I will probably say it again, because you CANNOT take responsibility for that jerk's actions. And I won't let you!

Anywho, glad to hear things are going well for you! <3

Post a Comment