Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Hope You Had The Time of Your Life

Well, my party was amazing. I would have written yesterday, but I was resting and gearing up for work last night. Plus, I had to buy a GPS for my trip up to NC and still get my oil changed.

I was doing very well as far as keeping my emotions in check throughout the day. I didn't realize how hard it would be to have all my friends in one room, all wanting to say 'see you later' to me. I went outside to talk to my mom and I just broke down and sobbed. . . . granted the alcohol didn't help, but still. All my friends came outside and hugged me and told me everything would be fine and I will do great in NC. I'm still scared though. . . excited, but scared. I think this is the hardest part of my move, the anticipation and the buildup of me leaving.

My friend of five years came by to say bye to me. He and I have experienced college together, but he's very much a troublemaker. Always in trouble with the law and with girls. We were saying goodbye and ended up kissing. I told him that, while I do like him and he's an amazing person and such an important guy in my life, nothing can really happen with us. He's leaving for med school and I'm obviously leaving for good. So we just enjoyed each others company and then he left. He kinda calmed me down too because I was still crying so much lol.

I took quite a few pictures so as soon as I upload them, I'll post them here. But now I gotta finish packing. Ack, can't believe how real this is all becoming. I'm leaving so much behind. It's bittersweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment