Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm here!!! I made it!!! It took me 11 hours to get here, and it would have taken a lot less if traffic and rain hadn't slowed my travels (STUPID RAIN!!!).

I thought that I wouldn't cry because I cried a lot on Sunday. I also said goodbye to all my friends and co-workers and didn't even shed a tear. I dunno, I just thought it would be relatively easy to say bye to my mom and sister. Welllll that wasn't the case. I got in my car, set up my GPS, and then got out to say by. I just crumpled into tears. My sister, who never EVER cries, was sobbing along with me and my mom. It was just . . . it really broke my heart. It was the worse pain I've ever felt. Definitely a lot worse than a break up, not getting into the colleges I wanted, the fights with my friends, any of that. It was just this unimaginable pain I never thought I'd feel.

But after that I got on the road. It really went by fast, considering I was all alone. I zoned out a lot through most of the trip because, before I knew it, I was in North Carolina and almost to the apartment. I got to talk to my mom and sister a couple of times and I said hi to my MSOS Blackberry girls (HIIII GIRLS!!). All in all, it was a great trip. I managed to cut an hour out of the trip because it was supposed to take 12 hours. Woohoo go me!

This week my goal are to job hunt and explore the area. I'm looking at restaurant jobs right now because I need fast money and I definitely know how to serve and stuff. I applied for a position within the company I'm in now down in Charlotte so maybe I'll successfully get that job. That would be freakin amazing!! Until then, I'll just look for something that can give me a sort of income right now. I have school and bills so I really can't afford to be unemployed right now.

Wish me luck guys!!

1 comments:

Nora said...

YAY! So glad you got there safely!! Saying good-bye sucks! *hugs*

Post a Comment